Let your Foot Talk!
We’ve all heard this phrase “Put your foot in your own mouth”, Well, well well you need to have pretty clean feet to do that! We often don’t give much importance to our feet, though, that’s the only thing that takes you places, right? Your feet is as important as any other part of your body. If you think no one looks down at your feet you’re probably wrong. That’s why we have pedicures, but not everyone can afford a pedicure at a salon and its something that has to be done frequently to maintain beautiful feet.
So here are some tips that will help you keep your feet healthy and you, happy.
- The first thing you need to do for your feet hygiene, is to cut your toe nails. Since your feet are close to the ground, chances are that dirt accumulates in your nails. Long nails is a BIG no-no, because there are chances that your toe nails can get chipped when they hit against something and Ohhhh! that’s gonna be really painful!
- Wear slippers at home and wash your feet everytime you come home from outside. This cleanses your feet of dirt, dust and bacteria that accumulates
- Every night make sure you apply foot cream or moisturiser. This really does wonders! You need to try it to believe it. You will find the difference in a few weeks and this will avoid your feet from getting cracks in the long run. Wear socks at night soon after you put a heavy coat of moisturizer and you’ll be pleasantly surprised to find, soft and supple feet in the morning
- If you wear socks the whole day, your feet tend to sweat and the odour could be unpleasant. Using foot-powders or talcum powders help keep feet dry and can reduce odour
- Make sure you use a foot scrub twice a week when you shower, to clean the dead cells under your feet. This makes sure you sole is clean and soft at all times
- Give yourself a pedicure at home. Soak your feet in warm water with soap and some Epsom salt for 10 mins, exfoliate with a scrubber and then wipe it off with a towel dedicated for the feet. Massage your feet with cream for 5 mins and apply your favourite nail colour. Voila! You got yourself a pedicure right at home
- They need to be comfortable as well, so always wear the right shoes!
How tall are you? 5 feet? 6 feet? Nah, doesn’t really matter as long as you have 2 happy feet.